I got to help plan and attend my very first gender reveal party last Sunday! This the new things for expectant parents but I soon realized how many people have no clue what these parties are. Please let me explain before you start guessing things... Expectant parents have these parties to announce the gender of their unborn baby. They can be done in a variety of ways... the parents do not know the sex of the baby and everyone is finding out the gender at this party or the parents know the gender and are sharing the news with their friends and family at this party. The party I went to was for a friend from work. She did not know the gender of her baby but her husband did because he wanted to find out from the doctor directly but he kept tight-lipped and told no one! Jeanette (my friend from work) gave an envelope with the gender inside of it to another friend from work who made a cake. At the party, Jeanette and her husband cut the cake and the color of the icing revealed the gender of the baby! Keep reading to find out...
Entrance to the party
Food Spread
Blue juice and pink juice
Her 20 week sonograms
The cake with question marks on the top and the words "boy" and "girl" written on the side
Right before the cake cutting!!
It's a GIRL!!!! (See the pink icing inside?)
I had so much fun and was so happy to be there when Jeanette found out she was having a baby girl! I cannot wait to start making bows and tutus!
Do you now understand what a Gender Reveal party is? It is not as crazy as you thought when you read the title, is it? Well if you still don't get it, don't worry, I'll invite you to mine to see for yourself! But I won't be using cake... I am using balloons!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment