Once I got back from Croatia, I got to spend the weekend with the Smiths while their parents went to the beach for Supper Club. We had a blast together!
On Friday, they helped me with work. We went to the library to pick out books for my students (they are big readers and were a GREAT help) and then we went to my school to prepare for Monday (track-on day). We stayed MUCH later than I wanted to (crazy Scholastic News) but they were troopers... GREAT help and loved the computer! Then we ran to Target for Peeps (a must!) and Chick-Fil-A for dinner.
After dinner, we went "ghosting", which is a neighborhood thing where they make Halloween goody bags. They bring them to 3 houses, run up and ring the doorbell, and run away! We had a blast and it was so funny to watch the kids run away!
Before bed, we had a stuffed animal party on the bed!
The next morning, we made breakfast.... orange biscuits to turn into jack-o-lanterns. Maddie was a great help but the other two....
were making blanket tents in the couch.
Finished orange biscuits
Decorating our jack-o-lantern faces
Finished products...
Then we did homework, trombone practice, and piano practice.
After homework, we went to Laurel Hills to play on the gorgeous day!
Once we got back home, we made banana bed with all the old bananas and decorated it with homemade frosting for the Gator game.
We took the banana bread over to my parents' house for dinner. Dad made us tacos and the kids ATE a lot and loved them! I have turned my sweeties into Gator fans and they love cheering for them!
The next morning, I took them to Sunday School at their church. After church, we watched "Say Yes to the Dress" (which I introduced them to and they all loved it... it was too cute to watch them!) and I got some work done (newsletter, etc.).
Then I got to take the kids to Easi Horse (a farm where they take horseback riding lessons). There are so many animals there (pigs, llamas, roosters, chickens, dogs, guinea hens). Colin played with the animals and caught tadpoles while the girls took their horseback riding lessons. They LOVE horses and are learning to run with their horses. I had a blast watching them!
No comments:
Post a Comment