We saw many things...
the bell tower,
Adriatic Sea,
the oldest working pharmacy in Europe,
the water fountain,
and the orphange.
After our tour, the four of us (Aunt Jeanne, Betty, Jean, and myself) took a 3-generation picture together! (Hehehe!) What a view!
Then Aunt Jeanne and I headed off to walk the old city walls. I knew it would be a climb but I did not realize how much my fear of heights would affect me! But we saw gorgeous views of the city and enjoyed the breeze!
Afterwards, we stopped to cool off with milkshakes! After that we went shopping... of course! I found an adorable doll and a gorgeous flower pin! Then we had lunch... gelato, of course! Then I got the rest of my presents and we made our way back to the coach.
Once we got back to the hotel, I went swimming in the hotel pool. What gorgeous views and so relaxing! Then Kerri (a woman on our tour) asked me to go swimming with her in the Adriatic Sea. We had such a good time swimming the clear, cool, salty waters! It is an experience both of us will always remember. Then we rode the funicular back to the hotel where the beach was located. It was a fun and relaxing afternoon but I do not have any pictures because I left my camera in the room so it would not get wet. Sorry!
After my shower and packing (ugh!), we headed to our farewell dinner with all of our new friends. We took pictures, exchanged emails, laughed a lot, and even sung! We also ate wonderful food at this farm house!
At the end of the night, we headed home on the coach... of course! Funny story... one of our friends Michelle is known for being a great picture-taker. On the bus ride home, she was trying to a personal shot with the person sitting next to her and she could not get it to work. So I got up to show her that you have to have the camera facing you for it to work... had to be there but it was hilarious!!
So after we arrived at our hotel, we gave our goodbye hugs and kisses (cheek kisses of course... this is Europe). I am also including pictures of two people who were with us on this entire trip and without this, none of our adventures would have been possible:
Thanks you BUNCHES to our tour manager, Jonvanka for keeping us organized and informed!
Thank you for your trusty and very sweet bus driver, Guilio!
This has been a wonderful trip and one I will always remember and cherish! Thank you for going with me, Aunt Jeanne! I love all of your knowledge, advice, good direction skills, and lots of help! Where should we go next? I love you!
1 comment:
Hi Elise! Thanks for sharing your pictures of your trip! Croatia looks like an interesting place with lots of different things to do! I love your buddies Betty and Jean too! My dad and I were able to show these pictures to Grandma and Grandpa too. Love you!!!
Post a Comment