Thursday, September 22, 2011

Zagreb, Croatia and Bled, Slovenia

This morning, we took a walking tour of Zagreb (the capital of Croatia). The buildings are beautiful and all the windows are decorated with flower baskets. We saw St. Marks church from the outside. I love the titles on the roof.

We went to the Cathedral and even got to go in... what fun!

We walked around the cute town and saw many of the sights we did the day before but this time our guide explained to us what they meant.
We got to down the pedestrian street that use to have a river with a bridge but during one of the wars, the bridge was torn down and the river was called Bloody river because of all the deaths. It was cool to now see it as a sidewalk.

 
Then we went to Dolac Market which is where many of the locals shop. They have a great selection of fruits, vegetables, meat, eggs, and cheese.

Then for lunch, Jeanne and I ate at an sidewalk cafe which is VERY common throughout Zagreb. We ate a kebab sandwich. (Dad, the ones where the meat is cut right from the chunk on a stick. It was so yummy and I could not stop thinking about you!)

Then we boarded the coach and headed for Bled, Slovenia. Let's just say I am in LOVE with Slovenia! It is so quaint, cute, and beautiful! Once we got to our rooms, we decided to take a walk around a part of the lake.
It was fun to see all the ducks and (crazy) swan.

Then we headed back for dinner and bed. This is an example of all the showers we have had so far. They have glass doors that open but this is as far as they go! Let's just say I make a mess when I shower.
Next up... bee tour in the next town in Slovenia. We will see how that goes!!

No comments: