This is the oldest church we have been to which is known for it mosaics which date back to Roman Times (about 2,000 years old).
We also climbed up the VERY tall tower! I would have never done it had I known it had billions of stairs.
But once we got up there it had gorgeous views
and four cool bells (but we left before they went off on the hour).
Then Aunt Jeanne and I went shopping and found AWESOME presents for our loved ones which I cannot share yet because I don't want to give anything away!
Next stop was lunch on a farm! It started with cherry brandy (sooo good). Then we had meats and cheeses, bean soup, and salad.
My favorite was the truffles pasta. It was DELICIOUS and I could not stop eating it!
This area is known for their truffles (similar to mushrooms but richer in flavor). Here is a black truffle. So cool!!
Then we drove more and stopped at the smallest town in the world... Hum (pronounced "whom"). It is even in the Guinness Book of World Records. It has 24 occupants. It was a fun and sweet town.
Then we started our journey home. As soon as we got back, a bride and groom was taking pictures outside of our hotel! It was a Saturday evening so we saw three more brides and grooms on our walk.
Once we got back, we walked around the waterfront before heading to dinner. We did not eat much because we were so full from our big lunch! After dinner, we got gelato with Betty and Jean. I got Nutella gelato!! It just hit the spot!
Then we headed back to the hotel for emailing and bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment