Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Korcula and Dubrovnik, Croatia (and bit of Bosnia, too!)

Today was our long driving day as we left Split and headed to Dubrovnik but we took stops along the way to stretch and potty! As you can tell, my feet wished we took more stretching breaks but oh well!

Our first stop was in Bosnia! Bosnia is between two parts of Croatia so you have to go through Bosnia to get to the other part of Croatia. We were only in Bosnia for 30 minutes (including our 20 minute break) so it is a short part. It does not look much different than Croatia but we took pictures to help us remember we were in Bosnia. :)
From there, we headed to the island of Korcula where we took a boat ride to get there because it is an island! 

Korcula is where Marco Polo lived.

Here is a tower that was a part of Marco Polo's home.

It is such a cute and small island! We walked around for a bit, ate some pizza, and of course... shopping!!

Before getting back on the bus, Aunt Jeanne and I put our feet in the Adriatic Sea! It is so clean, clear, green-blue, and peaceful!

We headed back on the bus for our last long leg of the trip! We arrived in Dubrovnik right before dinner time! Once we got settled in our gorgeous hotel with an ocean view, we headed into the town for dinner! The old town is walled and it so cool to see at nighttime! We got to see the bell towers and other beautiful lit sights!

We ate dinner with a bunch of girls from our group and our tour guide! I got Carbonara, which is my favorite Italian dish! I know, I know we are not in Italy but I have been craving pasta and it was so worth it!

After diner, we got ice cream- of course!! I got Nutella which was good but was more vanilla flavored than Nutella. Oh well! 

Then we rode bus home with our group, which of course included our two favorite ladies... Betty and Jean!

Now we are headed to bed and tomorrow we city tour of Dubrovnik does not start until 9am... that is a record! I am so excited!

No comments: