Let me start off by saying... I LOVE SLOVENIA!!! It is sweet, quaint, cute, safe, and everyone is so kind! I would love to live here!
Our day started off by taking a pletna boat ride on Lake Bled to a small island with a church. I could totally see myself getting married here!!
The only hard part was the many stairs we had to climb to get up to the church. On the way down, I decided to traverse down the stairs. It actually worked well. Wish I thought to do it on the way up.
I loved this church because it was simple and quaint (and we did not have a guided tour of it)! There is a bell to ring in the center of the church. When you ring it, you made a wish and it will come true. It was hard but once we finally read the directions we were able to make it work.
We then headed back down the stairs and took the pletna boat ride back to Bled. We had fun with lots of our friends!
Then we left for an excursion to a town in Slovenia near the Bled. Slovenia is known for their bees and honey. We walked around this ADORABLE town (this is where I fell in love with Slovenia).
We saw many sweet homes with elaborate gardens. Grandma and Uncle Frank, it made me think of you!
Then we went to a museum about bee keeping. We learned a lot about bees... believe it or not. It is more complicated than I thought.
We also learned how they would decorate the outside of the bee-keeping boxes. They would paint them with different types of scenes. Here is a replica of the one of the well known bee-keeping boxes I bought... it is just the what the front would look like. (It is a class of children where one child passed gas and the teacher is scolding them. Too cute not to get.)
Then we had a wonderful lunch together family style. Lots of food and so yummy!
Then we went and tasted three different types of honey (acacia, wild flower- my fav, and chestnut). We also tasted honey wine (soo sweet- Dad you would have loved it) and honey liquor. Let's just say we were "Bee Happy" when we were done! (We kept calling ourselves the Bee Happy group!
We then headed back to Bled. Once we got home, Betty, Jean, Aunt Jeanne, and I walked around all of Lake Bled. It was 5.5K which is over 3.3 miles!! We were so proud of ourselves!
Then we headed to "dinner" which was actually dessert because we had such a big lunch! We ate a famous Slovenian dessert which was a custard cake... sooo soo yummy! Jean and I had it with hot chocolate and Betty and Aunt Jeanne had it with cappuccino! Great way to finish our time in Bled!
No comments:
Post a Comment