Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ljubljana, Slovenia and Opatija, Croatia

This morning, we said goodbye to Bled and headed to Ljubljana! This is by far my favorite place so far! I even looked and they have an international school there!

We took a tour around the old town of Ljubljana. Unfortunately, I did not learn a lot because I was too busy watching sweet kids taking a walk around the town with their teachers. Oh, melt my heart!!

Ljubljana is known for two famous bridges. One has dragon heads at the beginning and end of the bridge.

The other is three bridges in a row.

Another bridge we stumbled upon is a newer bridge but it has a really cute story. There are pad locks stuck to the metal ropes. People who are in love engrave their names to the locks and lock them to the ropes. Then they throw the keys in the river so their love will last forever. Some may see it as silly but I think it is too cute!


Ljubljana's buildings do not have straight corners. They are mostly round which was a neat look.

Why I love Ljubljana so much was the shopping! They had great markets and awesome shops! We stocked up there without a doubt.

We stopped for lunch at a street-side cafe with lots of our friends but of course had to sit with Jean and Betty! We got a yummy mushroom soup in a bowl!

To break up the long bring to Opatija, we stopped at a winery. We saw how the wine was made but the guide was hard to hear so I didn't learn much.

Then we tasted four types of wine (two red and two white). The last was my favorite... so sweet! My friends thought it would be funny to put all of their empty glasses to make it look like a drank a lot. Haha!

After the winery, we loaded back on the coach and headed to our final stop of the day... Opatija!

We arrived in Opatija and headed straight for the water. It is the first coastal town we have stayed at and loved it! The views were gorgeous and the weather was so nice to walk around in.

We went to bed early but I couldn't sleep so I watched "How to Lost a Guy in 10 Days". It was on the TV in English but with Croatia subtitles! Too fun!

No comments: