Saturday, September 15, 2012

Labor Day!


BEST group pic of us ever... hahahaha!!!  Oh the captions we could do for this one!

Another Labor Day passed and more memories. laughter and tears shared!  This year was one of the bests!  It did not feel the same without the Boyers and Paul but thanks to technology, we still got to communicate throughout the weekend!  This year the househunting process was a real pain but it all worked out because we got a beautiful house right on a canal of Lake Lure!  

The Jim Radcliffs and Jeanne got there first so while Dad and Aunt Jeanne were out grocery shopping, I convinced mom to go kayaking with me!   What a wonderful time we had!  It was such a special time for the two of us and one of my favorites of the whole weekend!  We went out to the lake and as soon as we got out there we saw a double rainbow over a gorgeous mountain!  What a wonderful gift from God!  Then we kept paddling and saw the sunsetting below more gorgeous mountain tops!  We paddled some more, dodged big boats, and enjoyed each others company.  (Of course, we did not bring our cameras because we didn't want them to get wet so none of it was documented on camera!)  Then we paddled back to have spaghetti on the porch with Dad and Aunt Jeanne.  Then we waited for the rest of the crew to arrive... but we cannot forget the trip to the store for cornmeal!

As I said in the last post, I am in a picture-taking funk lately so I got very few pictures this weekend so as always, check Facebook for more complete pictures!  But for the pictures I did take, I will let them do more of the explaining...

Saturday morning, Meg and I went tubing while Dad and Trammel went kayaking.  Then we came up with this BRILLIANT idea... Have Tram and Dad pull us with a rope!  Thank you Dad and Tram for putting up with us and for the rest of you... we did paddle and kick, well some!

While we were out, Mom and Kai went fishing!


Mom also tried out the paddle board... she was super talented!



We met her on our way back so we paddled in together!


Then Meg and I decided to spend more time on our tubes floating

 and drinking!  Thanks mom!

After naps, football watching, and tv watching, we went out to dinner to celebrate Aunt Jeanne's birthday!  We went to this great BBQ restaurant right on the river!









After dinner, we came home and while waiting for our meals to settle, we played, chatted (Thanks, Chrissy), and watched more football!


Then it was time for cake eating and present opening!




The next morning while cooking breakfast, the boys played!


After our church service led by Kris and Trammel, we headed to Chimney Rock.  We took the elevator to the top to see these spectacular view!


 While we were up there, this man proposed to his now fiancé!  It was soo sweet and exciting!  She was oh so very surprised!


Then we all had to take pictures with the great view!





Chimney Rock

After the rock, the Andrews, Aunt Beth, and Aunt Jeanne, climbed down and went on an animal trail. The rest of us climbed down later... with crazy shaking legs!  Then Mom and Uncle Frank headed back to the car while Dad, Tram, Meg, and I hiked up to the waterfall!


And here is when my camera died!  At least I got a pic of the amazing falls we hiked to!  The four of us had a great time and we were so proud of ourselves for hiking that far!

Then we went home for lunch, game playing, and napping!  Meg and I made our meal (with LOTS of help... thank you Dad, Tram, Aunt Jeanne, and Chrissy, we could have not done it without you!) of pizzas, eggplant fries, and salad!  Meg, I always love our meals together!

Then we played another game (oh gracious me... that got interestingly fun!) and I had the best partner! ;)

As always, goodbyes were sad but we look forward to next year!  I love you all!

No comments: