Friday, September 14, 2012

Marvelous Maine!

Better late than never right?!  I sure hope so!  I have tried to post this three times but Blogger hates me.  Oh well, life goes on!

Maine is my favorite trip and I look forward to it every year!  It is a time to relax and be on no schedule whatsoever.  It is a time to be with family and be ourselves.  It is a time to enjoy God's creation.  It is a time to do important chores and implement crazy ideas.  It is a time to laugh a LOT and even cry.  I love this time so much and cherish it deeply!  

I did not take as many pictures as I normally do... lately I have become a very lazy picture taker.  Well that and my camera battery died and I did not charge my back up battery either... oh well, life goes on!  Now... onto the pictures!

On our way out of town, we had to go to Duke for my MRI.  This how Paul felt about it...

Now we are on the road!  Since mom and dad were't with us, I got us GOOD road trip food... no nuts here!  Just heirloom tomatoes!

Yes, Paul is driving and he did all the way up to Boston... in our school bus! Mom and Dad were in Cabo so we drove the rental car up to Boston where they were flying in.  

Lunch Stop at this yummy burger place in Connecticut (we found it on DDD)!  Catsup and something or another... I can't remember.

Salad piled on top of my burger... and it was cooked rare!

Paul and I arrived in Boston early so we walked around in the rain.  We saw this cool albino squirrel!

This is where the first school in the US was

As close to Fenway as we got

Then Paul took a cat nap in the car (parking spots in Boston are impossible to find so when you find one, you stay there).  Once he woke up, we went to this FABULOUS Italian restaurant (also found on DDD) for dinner!  By far my best meal ever!


Then mom and dad arrived that night and after shopping at the Garmet District and picking up some must-needed treats at Maria's, we headed for MAINE!!!

The next morning it was really cold so here we are playing on our apples!  

More tech time! (notice Paul has socks on with is Toms... that's how cold it was!)

Another thing I love about Maine!  We stay in our PJs as late as we want and we play nutty games. This one... bounce the ball on the floor and try to get it to hit the ceiling!

Dinner... LOBSTER!!!  (Notice the super-cool skinny jeans)


Sunday we went to church in Portland and then we walked around Portland for Father's Day! 

Look what we found... Fujitsu air conditioning unit!

Mom and Dad in front of the lobster cages

Mom and Dad at the yummy seafood restaurant!

After this picture was taken my battery died and I did not charge it for 4 days... oops!  So in those days we shopped, ate more lobster, and painted the living room a pale yellow to match Dad's blue Marlin!!

Finally charged my battery in time for the Portland Sea Dogs game on Thursday!  Before the game, we ate at another DDD Seafood restaurant.  



Then we headed to the game early because mom wanted to get free Sea Dog beach towels!  

So we got to see them set up the field... 
drawing the lines and
putting in home plate!

Let the game begin!


Enough fabulous baseball watching for me... let's take pictures!


Dad taking a picture of us with the mascot before heading home.

Our last full day in Maine... spent kayaking, swimming (well, floating), and fixing that dock!

Oh and just hanging around the house wearing whatever we wanted to!  At that point it was so hot that we didn't care what we looked like!


The next morning, we packed up and headed down to Connecticut!  Bye Maine... we miss and love you!

Dad playing with his new Father's Day present!

After dinner nap on Gma and Gpa's floor

Sweet pictures with our grandparents




The next morning, we headed back to Gma and Gpa's for lunch with everyone and an afternoon stroll.



Our last final picture in Maine... with mint leaves (our fart blockers)!  (Stop rolling your eyes... we're very becoming I know!)

Dad, Mom, and Paul- I had a blast and love you very much!

No comments: