On our second day in Florida, we decided to venture to Legoland! Let me tell you... it was a hit! All 6 of us had an absolute blast! It was directed towards young children but we had a blast! The weather was just right and it did not seem to be that crowded at all! It is quite spread out with lots of things to see and do.
Paul and I in front of the sign... Mom walking through with Katie who had the wheelchair for Grandma
Waiting at the entrance
This boy was in HEAVEN! He was totally mesmerized and we could not keep up with the wheelchairs because he was checking everything out!
First ride... The Sky Ride! (I don't think that was the name but Paul and I kept calling it Pie in the Sky so I can't remember the name)
Lego Christmas Tree
Views from the Sky Ride
Dan the ride operator. I was commenting on his Lego people on his name tag and he told us all about them! What you can do is go to one of the stores at the park and buy Lego people. Then you can switch them with people that work there because they all have them on their name tags! Well at that moment, Paul and mom became OBSESSED!!! That was their mission for the rest of the day! We walked out with 23 miniatures and did LOTS of trading!
Grandma and I on the carousel
Loved the Lego woman watering her flowers with curlers on
We went into the Greenhouse area which was my favorite! It lots of fun lego statues!
Fun Christmas decorations! This is probably the most snow Florida will get! ;)
Next up was well loved by everyone and was most certainly a favorite! It was Mini Land! Basically it took different places around the world and recreated it with Legos. It was totally awesome and the details were AMAZING! Grandma was the finder as she found the smallest of details the rest of us overlooked!
First up was Florida. Here is the Daytona Speedway.
NASA
Miami
The oldest Wooden Schoolhouse in St. Augustine
Can't remember... Key West maybe
The most Southern point in Florida... grandma found this one!
Next up... Vegas!
Next up, my personal favorite ;), New York City!
The Beattles Monument in Central Park
The Carousel in Central Park
Times Square
Next up.. California! I just loved the details here! This building was on fire but the lady wouldn't leave her cats on the building!
San Franscisco
Seals at Fisherman's Dwarf
Grandpa and dad looking at the details on something (love this picture)
Last up was Washington, DC
Grandpa loved pushing the button and watching the boy go around
Obama family at Christmas time with Bo of course
Next up... lunch! (Notice Paul playing with his Lego people)
All of these were made out of Legos
After lunch we headed to Cypress Gardens! It was beautiful to see all the plants!
At this point my camera died so I used Dad's. Once I get his card from him I will upload the rest of the pictures! Thanks so much for coming with us Grandma and Grandpa! It was a day we will always remember! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment