I feel weird by posting about my own birthday but I want to document it so here goes. Feel free to judge me! ;)
On my birthday we went out for a family lunch to Bella Monica (amazing Italian place where we go each year).
I love how they always write my name with chalk on the outside.
Paul wore his Dr. Seuss tie just for me (I share a birthday with Dr. Seuss)
I know, we look awkard... Mom kept making us move up and back, repeatedly
Wanted to steal this Tomato painting
My birthday cannoli
Mom and I outside of Harris Teeter... love this picture!
After we got home from lunch and opened presents, Kai and Chrissy arrived in town! It so sweet to spend my birthday weekend with them! Chrissy came for my birthday party! Dad watched Kai while the girls were at the party! Loved their matching shirts!
I have not had a birthday party in over 10 years because I feel like I have outgrown them. So a month or so ago I realized I would not be in the US when I turn 30 to celebrate with my friends. So I asked my parents and a couple friends if I would be crazy to have a party to celebrate my almost 30 birthday. They said absolutely not and the party planning begun. I didn't want anything fancy or expensive... just a place I can spend time with my friends! My mom came up with doing it at the family that I babysit for on Saturday night! I am so glad we were able to do it at the Smith's Home. So I invited my closests friends and we had a pasta bar for dinner and a monogrammed cake with Sweet Cream custard (from Goodberry's of course) for dessert!
It meant the world to have it at the Smith's house where I spend each of my Saturday nights... Ainsley and Colin were able to be there too! (Maddie was suppose to be there but her volleyball team made it to the semi-finals... so excited for her but sad she wasn't there!)
Sara (friend from church) and me
Brooke (best friend from college) and me
Me and Ellen (we became fast friends as we are super alike... she goes to church in Gboro)
Laurie (K teacher from school) and me
Chrissy and me
me and Heather (second grade teacher from school)
me and Michele (new teacher in first grade)
me and Melissa (K teacher from school)
The whole table with our pasta and salad
Brooke (2nd grade teacher from school), me, and Heather
Carrie, Ainsley, and Colin (mom and sweeties I babysit for)
This party meant the world to me! It meant so much to have most of my closest friends there to celebrate with me! I am so grateful for this time together and for their friendships! These girls have helped me through some crazy times and have also been with me through some fun times! I cherish all of them so much!
It meant the world to me to have my party at the Smith's house where I spend each week! I love this family so much and they were great hostesses! Ainsley brought us our drinks, Carrie helped with many aspects of food, drinks, and decorations! She opened her gorgeous home to us and it meant so much to me! I am so grateful to be part of their family for the past 10+ years!
But the woman behind this whole party was mom! She did so very much to make this so special for me! She had all my favorite foods, secretly asked my friends to bring books for my 2nd grade class (even after I said no presents), had friends to help her set up, and so much more! She also did a lot of communicating with Carrie to be sure it all went smoothly! Her over thinking and thoughtfulness meant the world to me! I love you so very much mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment