This past week, I cheered on the Lady Huskies for one final time in the Big East Tournament! After this year, UConn will no longer be a part of the Big East as it is dividing and the teams are scattering and going to many different conferences.
As always, I had great time shopping with Aunt Jeanne (though I had to have more self control than I am used to since I can only bring so much with me to Tunisia), stopping by and chatting with the ladies at Radcliff Wire, having lunch with the Charlie Radcliffs, and of course cheering on UConn with my basketball ladies: Aunt Jeanne, Patti, and Dayl!
First game on Sunday, got my picture taken with Jonathan (the Huskies mascot)
UConn creamed DePaul
Monday night before the game, the ladies and I went out to dinner at Bartaco.
It was a fun and difference experience!
Then we went to the game as we watched the Huskies beat Syracuse
On Tuesday, we had lunch with Uncle Charlie, Barbara, and Gretchen
For dinner, we went out to eat at at Vietnamese restaurant
I have been dreaming of eating this soup since before I got to Connecticut
My basketball buddies (I will miss them and our time together dearly!)
Then it was time for the Big East Championship game and I was very nervous because we were playing Notre Dame who has beat us in every game this past season. I also have never seen UConn lose in person (only on TV). Each time I have watched them live, they always win! But there was not a good chance this time. All I kept saying was if UConn plays their very best, then I will be okay if they lose. Well... 1st half they played awful and were down the whole time. However, in the 2nd half, they played very hard!
They even got ahead! Which I had to document, of course!
In the last 10 seconds, we were tied and had the ball! But... we lost the ball and Notre Dame scored with 3 seconds left. I saw the UConn women lose for the first time in person. Which was hard... it was hard to see the seniors who worked so hard for this be so disappointed! But as I texted to my family, "This is a year of firsts for me... in more ways than one". I was still super proud of how hard all of them worked in the second half!
Aunt Jeanne, thank you for always hosting me and doing such fun things with me! I cherish this time we have together! Aunt Jeanne, Dayl and Patti... you have been the best basketball buddies ever! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment