Wednesday, December 10, 2008

They won! They won!


Nick and Starr Spangler (no, it is not a typo... that is in fact their last name) are the winners of the 13th Amazing Race!!
I have been waiting to post because I wanted to be sure to give Kate and Dave enough time to see the last episode. While I was cheering for them from the beginning, I really wanted them to win because I did not like the other two pairs one bit and did not think they deserved to win. We (my parents and I) got to watch the finale with Kris and Chrissy and most of us were wanting Nick and Starr to win. Then there was mom who has watched maybe half of half of the episodes (again, not a typo) and was cheering for Dan and Andrew because they were the underdogs. We had a fun night watching Nick and Starr win!
Then the next morning, the Amazing Race geeks (Dad and I), found out more information about the winners and other facts from the show. We were all curious why Dallas and Toni were not at the finish line. Were they really still stuck in Russia? Dad went on the internet and found out that because of the passport loss, they were not able to get out of Russia and to Oregon in time to be at the finish line. They did however make it out one day later. I watched "The Early Show" and "Regis and Kelly" Monday morning. I found out that Ken and Tina are still together and seem to be in love. Starr and Dallas are dating... have been for 6 months. Nick and Starr now live together in NYC with Nick's girlfriend. Yes, Nick has a girlfriend. Nick and Starr have a younger sister. And yes, I have more time than I am used to having... obviously.
15 more days until Christmas!!! We are ready and waiting for you Santa! :)
Love to you all!

2 comments:

Frank said...

Elise,

You do have too much time on your hands :)

Elise said...

Uncle Frank,
It is called being tracked out and I am loving every bit of it!!
I hope unpacking is going great and I cannot wait to see it all!