My favorite picture of the entire weekend: a picture of the 5 cousins! (Meggie, you are the purple egg and Kate, you are the yellow egg... see your names?)
This past Easter weekend can be summed up in one word... FAMILY! From Friday morning at 3am to Sunday night at 10:30pm, I was with at least one family member... and LOVED every minute of it! I also took a lot of pictures! As we all know, I am VERY wordy but I am trying to make this post more pictures... we will see how it goes!
On Friday, Paul and I ran errands, baked, and dyed Easter eggs!
On Saturday, after being productive at the UNCG library, Paul and I headed to Mooresville to spend time with the rest of our family! Mom and Dad met us there on their way home from the mountains where they spent their Spring Break (post some of your pics please). We ate dinner (yummy Chinese) and had dessert which I made from the Peeps Cookbook (that I got from Aunt Jeanne- thanks! Kate, your mom said she sent you the same one... these are the bird's nests). Then we played a very mean game of Guesstures!! It was adults vs. kids and we (kids) were down the entire game but on the last round we made a pact to only use the orange cards and.... that worked in our favor!! WE WON!!!!
Memories of that game I must write down so we will never forget:
*a howling lion
*BRIGHT!
*Mom tackling Kris ON TOP of Chrissy and me
*Karate and Galloping
*using each other as props
*MOUTHING choo-choo
*Cheating from BOTH sides
(Notice sneaky, but not so sly, Aunt Beth giving Kris bunny ears.)
Later that night, we helped Aunt Beth prepare for Easter dinner. The three kids (who still consider themselves kids) helped with pie, cake, and setting the table.
On Sunday, we went to the Charlotte church. The Jim Radcliff's loved seeing some people we do not get to see as often (the Halls, Chelsea and beautiful baby Chandler, Tanya and Crystal). It would have been great to see Caitlin too!
After church, we came home and helped Aunt Beth make final touches to dinner: salad, asparagus, biscuits, slicing ham, etc. I learned how to make meringue, which is not as scary as it seems! Thanks Aunt Beth! We then had dinner, celebrated April and May birthdays, had dessert, took a nap or watched golf, and then headed home.
I had a WONDERFUL weekend! Thank you Paul for hanging out with me and helping me around my house! Thank you Uncle Frank and Aunt Beth for welcoming us to your home! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!
2 comments:
What a FABulous weekend with everyone. My cheeks hurt from all the laughing. My thanks to Frank and Beth for opening up their 'new' home to all of us. I enjoyed the food, fun and fellowship!!!
Thanks for coming... and Elise I love all the pictures and details.
Post a Comment