Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Roadtrip to Cali-forn-i-a!

Last Thursday, Paul and Nick headed off on their roadtrip through the US to California! They were planning on having 5 days to drive there but only had 3 due to car trouble before they left. Paul had a wonderful time and saw so much! I hope that at some point he will be able to post all he saw and experienced, but until then I will do my best with what I know. He said that Oklahoma is a loooooooong state. New Mexico reminded him of Africa. He loved Arizona as he saw the Grand Canyon for the first time, and they got to see the sun set... he said it was breathtaking and everyone should go before they die. They made it to California Sunday afternoon. And where did they go when they got there... IKEA! (Side note: Paul HATES Ikea but Nick wanted to go because he has never been... now he hates it too!) Paul and Nick explored LA on Monday... he said traffic is crazy but he loves the people there, they were his kind of people. Today he went to the beach and went swimming in the Pacific Ocean. It was quite cold but loved getting to do it. Tomorrow night he takes the red-eye to Connecticut. I cannot wait to see him in less than 3 weeks in NYC! Woohoo!

Below are breathtaking pictures he took from his blackberry. I know that some are from the Grand Canyon and I think the others are from Arizona as well.

PS- 5 more days of this school year!! I got to meet my sweet new students I will have next year (well in July when the new school year begins)! Chrissy- my new principal was wearing the pink dress you wore on Mother's Day with the sweater that has ruffles where the buttons are... she must love Ann Taylor Loft! :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures Paul! There is no place like it and I do hope to see this before I die. I'm sure pictures cannot do justice to seeing it with my own eyes.

And Elise, I am so excited for you that you are almost done! Sounds like your new principal and I share similar fashion taste! I hope she ends up being a great person for your school.

Love you both lots and lots!