Tuesday, December 1, 2009

NC Thanksgiving 2009

This year's Thanksgiving was a blast! It has been quite a while since we have all been together but we picked up right where we left off. As we all sat down to eat our delicious meal, everyone was talking at the same time- laughing, goofing off, telling stories we have heard a million times over, exaggerating, being loud- it hit me how much I missed this and how right it felt! I took a second to take it all in, and then I jumped right on it with the craziness! I think Greg (Paul's roommate) said it best: "This is my best Thanksgiving". I am very grateful for this family and appreciate every moment we are together! We are so blessed to have each other and to be so close! I love you all very much and am grateful for all the time we spend together!

Uncle Frank cutting the turkey

NC Cousins!

Beautiful sisters

Grandma and Grandpa (cutest thing ever that I must share: As we were leaving for church on Sunday, Grandma was heading down the stairs but then stopped and starting going back up. When I asked her where she was going, she said "I forgot to kiss Grandpa goodbye. I can't leave without doing that first!" Awwwww... how sweet!)

Kids' Table!

Chrissy and I

Greg had never seen name plates at a meal before- he was loving them!

Meghan's birthday cupcake with two adorable polka-dotted turkeys!


After our food settled, we played Guesstures! This game definitely felt more competitive than in the past. Paul's roommater (Greg) definitely won the award for the best person to act out the words! He was so calm and we were able to guess hard words easily!

The picking of the teams

Team Frank


Team Jim

I was taking these pics but I was on Team Jim.

My favorite picture of the night! After the game, (Team Jim won by a hair) the women took a picture together... there are 4 generations in this picture!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto Elise...I thought Thanksgiving was incredibly special...very loud and crazy...but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Charlie and Barbara said...

The picture of the ladies is REALLY GREAT, but no matter how hard I look I see only 3 generations!

Elise said...

The 4th generation is harder to see but very present... Caleb Henry Boyer!