Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow... No! Ice.. Yes!


Well, we got some snow... in the south, we call it a trace and in the north, you would call it... well, nothing!

Yesterday, we got out of school early for "anticipated" wintry weather. It snowed at school for about maybe 15 minutes around 11:30. Once I got home, it started snowing for maybe 30 minutes (big pretty flakes). Then it would snow on and off for the next couple of hours. But barely anything stuck... like really, almost nothing stuck! If you don't have good eyes, you would have never seen the bit of snow in the grass!

Then last night (as I was finally taking down my Christmas decorations), it started sleeting/freezing rain (what is the difference?). This twinkling noise went on through the night and we woke up with a thin layer of ice. My sidewalk is an ice skating rink, my parking spaces are slush, and the road is wet but not slick! So Zoe and I are enjoying a cozy "ice" day inside just like an easy laid-back Saturday... because I will be teaching on Saturday. :)


To our other NC relatives (Gboro, Fayetteville, and Charlotte) please enjoy the snow for us and we would love to see your pictures!

No comments: