Friday, July 15, 2011

1st Stop... New York City


After our long drive, we arrived in New Jersey to the see the Tear Drop that Russia gave to the US after the 9/11 attacks. It is very impressive and sobering.

The next morning, we headed into NYC. This was our long lost family member we "met" on the subway.

We headed to Greenwich Village to walk around and visit some of the stores Dad and I went to a few years ago when we did a food tour. We went to a bread store, cheese store, and meat store! It made for a FABULOUS lunch at a park in Greenwich Village!

Then we headed to Little Italy for dessert! We had a cannoli, NY cheesecake (oh my goodness!! NOTHING compares to NY cheesecake and I am not even a big cheesecake fan but this stuff is MARVELOUS) and gelato.

While the boys went to the World Trade Center Site, Mom and I headed to the best NYC bra shop (we rode the Subway WITHOUT the boys... that was a first!). Sarah (the minister from Greensboro's wife) told us this was the best place ever and we would find a bra that fit like 'butter'! And we did! It was a fun experience!

Afterwards, ee met met the boys in Times Square (YES... we rode the subway by ourselves again and got to the right place!) and hung out on the TKTS steps.

This is when my camera battery died (and of course, my spare battery was at the hotel) so I did not got any pictures of my favorite part of the entire trip... going to see Wicked with Paul! We had the BEST seats (Thanks, Dad) and loved it! It was like no other Broadway play I had ever seen... it was deep, funny, touching, sweet, and moving! What a fun night with my favorite brother! While Paul and I were watching Wicked, Mom and Dad went on a carriage ride through Central Park. Mom LOVED it and still talks about it to this day.

The next morning, we woke up and headed to Boston!

PS- I am using smaller pictures so they will not take so long to post. You can click on them to view bigger.

No comments: