Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving in Mooresville

This year for Thanksgiving, the NC crew headed to Mooresvillle for not just Thanksgiving, but to celebrate Meghan's golden birthday!  Veronica and Frank from church joined us too and we all had fun and a LOT of food!!  It was oh so yummy and after lunch we had to take a walk downtown to burn off our lunch!
Paul snuggling with Meghan's present I made for her         Boys will be boys... with their technology!


Meg and I all smiles before the big meal

 Too cute turkey cupcakes made by Aunt Beth and Meghan

 Table set but taken before the food
came out                                                          My meal: mac n cheese, stuffing, sweet potato casserole
Tramell and Meghan showing off their meals... and an attempt to show off Paul's meal

After dinner pics


After our walk and a little lounging... it was time to celebrate Meghan's birthday!!  That adorable cake had moist cake with raspberry filling- so delicious!


Then it was present time!!  (She opened the Jim Radcliff presents earlier and I forgot to get pictures)

Earrings, bracelet, and shirt from Aunt Jeanne, gorgeous scarf from Aunt Beth 

 Then Aunt Beth gave Meghan that pillow and said if she found what matched it somewhere in the house, she could keep that too!!!  So we ran looking for it (after being redirected towards the bedroom) and Meg realized Nana's chaise lounge chair was hers to keep!!!  What a very sweet moment!

Then Meg went back to the kitchen
and opened Tramell's present which
was burned CDs Meg loved and a riddle...
hinting at a date Tramell would take
Meg on this Sunday to go see...
THE CHRISTMAS CAROL play!!                           During all of this, Paul was out cold!      


Meghan wanted ice cream to go with her cake so the single kids took a car ride to CVS to get ice cream!  Sounds familiar, Chrissy?  (Come on, think about it...)

It was a great Thanksgiving and we loved celebrated Meghan's golden birthday with her!

PS- So sorry for the weird format of this blog.  Blogger and I are having issues again!

1 comment:

Chrissy Andrews said...

Thanks for the great post on Thanksgiving and Meg's birthday Elise!

The ice cream trip does sound familiar, I am surprised the grown ups let you single people take the car out- and without Kate and Dave? Wow...

Wish I could have been there- looks like it was a fun time and I miss seeing all of you!

Lots of Love, Chrissy