JAMAICA!!!
This was an impromptu trip for me but one much needed! My trackmate (same track, same grade) Jen, came to me one day after school wanting to go to the Caribbean over track out. I called her crazy and laughed it off. But after looking up cheap all-inclusive hotels, we decided to go for it! It was a VERY stressful 88 days of school so we appreciated the time away doing absolutely NOTHING! We were gone for 5 days and our schedule was the same each day... wake up, put on swimsuit, eat breakfast, lay out in the same chairs and beachfront spot, get ice cream, go in the water, lay out more, get lunch, lay out, get a pina colada, lay out, change and go to the gym (I biked, she lifted weights or ran), come back to the room to shower for dinner, eat dinner, and fall asleep watching a TV movie. We did this each day and it was marvelous!!!
Our welcome drinks we got when we arrived
Our lay out spot on our arrival day
Reading and staring at the gorgeous view
Jen in her workout gear in front of these cool branch thingys
Sunset (and moonrise) on the way to the gym
My view each day from the gym as I rode the stationary bike
Crazy weatherman with his parrot
Views from our balcony
Me and my pina colada!
Awesome and large crab one of the visitors found
Jen and her vanilla ice cream cone
My layout spot with view in the background
Behind me is what I looked at each day when I wasn't reading my book
Jen kayaking... I kayaked too but stopped earlier so I was able to take a picture of her. The water was shallow so it brought back some panicking memories from my last kayaking experience. But I powered through!
Lobby Christmas tree... with my pina colada!
My favorite... creamy chocolate ice cream in a cup with a straw as my spoon
Final day in the water enjoying the view
No comments:
Post a Comment