Friday, March 16, 2012

Visit to Connecticut

*Be sure to keep scrolling for a post on Caleb's birthday!  Kate's baaaaaack!*

At the beginning of March, I went to Connecticut for the Big East tournament!  But while I was there Aunt Jeanne and I went shopping (IKEA, Christmas Tree Store, Talbots, LL Bean... well you get the idea), baking (brownies), cooking (stir fry), and watching a LOT of basketball!  We went to three games and I took a LOT of basketball pictures on this trip.  I actually did not get any with my basketball friends (Aunt Jeanne, Patti, and Dayl)... so sad but lots of the players.  So I apologize in advance for the overload of basketball pictures. 

UConn vs. Rutgers
SUPER slow game and we played very sloppily but in the end we won!

 Upset Geno?  These refs were NUTS!


UConn vs. St. Johns
We lost to them during the regular season but beat them (by a lot) in the tournament!
One of St. Johns players' Dad, goes to church with us so it was cool to watch her play!




Then on Tuesday, Aunt Jeanne and I visited great great grandma and grandpa and great grandma and grandpa!  It was very special and even adventurous!


Then afterwards, we met the Charlie Radcliff family at Monterrey for a yummy Mexican lunch. 


After lunch, we went over to their house for a mean game of Buzz Lightyear Operation.  We had a blast!

Angry Birds Champ!!

Gretchen shaking her booty!

UConn vs. Notre Dame
We have lost to them BOTH times we played them in the regular season so I had NO desire to go to the game.  I have NEVER seen UConn lose live before and I did not want that to change.  I begged Aunt Jeanne to let me stay at home but she wouldn't let me!  But... 


WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!  I could not believe it and I could not stop jumping up and down.  The girls played so hard and it was all worth it! 



Thank you so very much to Aunt Jeanne for taking such good care of me!  I am so grateful all you did for me and the fun we had!  We had a blast together and I am so grateful you made me go to the UConn/Notre Dame game!  Thank you for your giving heart and patience as I asked you a million questions during the games!

Thank you Charlie, Barb, Gretchen, and Kurt for letting me spend time with you!  I had such a blast being silly with you!  I cannot wait to see you soon!

Thank you to my basketball buddies for letting me crash the party again this year!  I always have so much fun with you!  I am so sorry we did not get our group picture this year... there were no nice people sitting near us to ask (just crazy)!

No comments: