On Saturday, I landed quite tired but when Aunt Jeanne mentioned shopping, I perked right up! We went to lunch and then went shopping at the Christmas Tree Shop!!! It is a teacher's paradise and I loved it!! It is not a year-round Christmas store (or specifically a teacher's store), but it has everything for the current season and so much more! Kate, you would go crazy in this store!! After going home to unpack and take a cat nap, we headed over to Uncle Charlie and Barbara's house for dinner! I was greeted at the door with a HUGE hug from Kurt and then I got to meet Gretchen and hold her for quite sometime. She is laid back and has a beautiful smile! I got to read books to Kurt and watched in amazement as golf clubs became many different things (such as hockey sticks, ski poles, the list goes on). I also tried to help Gretchen roll over... while she has done is before (Barb you should post that video), she would not do it for me. :(
On Sunday, we woke up and made yummy brownies for the March packages. Aunt Jeanne, Dayl, Patti, and I watched UConn play their first game of the Big East Tournament where they beat South Florida!! After the game, Aunt Jeanne and I ate at a Japanese Noodle Shop in downtown Hartford. Yummy!!
On Monday, we slept in and then ran a variety of errands around town. While at Hallmark, I looked out the window and it was snowing so I said "Look, it is snowing!" and no one even flinched! I guess when you see snow all the time it looses the excitement! But no fear... I took pictures! We stopped by Radcliff Wire and by Grandma and Grandpa's house where I got to see it in the snow- I took a picture of it so ya'll could see what it looks like in the snow! We also stopped by to see Barbara and Gretchen one more time! I just cannot get enough of that sweet, sweet girl. Then that evening, the four of us headed to the Hartford Civic Center to watch UConn play their second game of the tournament where they played Villanova. This game was a little scary because the game was tied at one point but we beat them by more than 20 points!
On Tuesday, was the long awaited trip to IKEA!! Oh how I love that store! I could spend hours and hours in there, even live there! Aunt Jeanne spent a lot of time researching for furniture for her "new" basement! She came home with great ideas and information. I came home with a lot of loot for my new townhome! :) Then that evening, we went to the final game of the Big East Tournament where UConn played Louisville. They have done quite well this year and we were hoping for quite a game but we creamed them early on!!! We knew how to shut down their best player and it threw the whole team off. I felt bad for Louisville and really wished their could have scored more. We beat them by more than 40 points (I think!). Below is a picture of the four of us (Aunt Jeanne, me, Patti, and Dayl) who went to all the games together. I had a blast with them!
Well on Wednesday, it was time to head home. As I was checking in at the Hartford airport, I saw the whole Pittsburgh women's basketball team checking in to fly home. That was very fun! I even saw their coach, Agnes, talking on her cell phone! Smooth flight home with a layover in DC. As I was landing, I saw the Washington Monument and the Capital- that was really cool!!
Thank you Aunt Jeanne for a wonderful trip! I appreciate the chance to go to the games and to hang out with you!
5 comments:
Elise - It was so great to have you here! UConn got the #1 seed overall for the NCAA tournament so we have our first game Sunday at noon on campus. Check for it on ESPN. Florida is also in our bracket and could potentially face us in the second game. Then who would you cheer for?! Just one note - Muffet McGraw coaches at Notre Dame, Agnes Berenato coaches at Pittsburgh. Love you.
Greetings All!
Well, its about time we got some Chapman Family recognition on this blog! (Even if those BB fans look exhausted!). I enjoy catching up with all of you, thanks for sharing your family with ours!
Thanks for the coach correction... all changed now! Did I make any other mistakes... I was not sure if my score estimates were correct. UConn #1? That is such a surprise! :) If UConn plays UF, I will cheer for both! I would love to see UF go far (the women made it to the tournament but the men are only going to the NIT) but I really want UConn to win it all... for Renee! Love you too!
Janice- thanks for stopping by! I would love to meet you on one of my visits up. I hear so much about your and your sweet children from your sisters!
Elise, I love all the pictures. I can't wait to see Gretchen. Congrats to the Lady Huskies...may they take it all the way!
Patti and Dayl, are you out there? Please feel free to comment or even post on our blog--some of us would love to hear stories about what it was like growing up as neighbors to the Don Radcliff family. Janice, thanks for commenting.
Elise, it looks like you had a wonderful time. I love that you ate at a Japanese noodle shop. :) My favorite pic is the one of you holding Gretchen both pretty in pink!
Post a Comment