Friday, March 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Elise...

Yeah! Another opportunity for our family to get together. This time it was for Elise's birthday. Her birthday began with a 'snow day'! Yeah, she had the day off for her birthday. I picked her up for lunch and then went to the DMV to renew her drivers license - the wait wasn't too bad. After that we came home and she opened her presents. Her favorite gift (my guess) was a white rocking chair from Cracker Barrel for her patio. She was also excited about her UConn T-shirts. She'll be wearing them in Connecticut for the Women's Big East Basketball tournament with Aunt Jeanne. She'll also be the first in our family to see her newest cousin, Gretchen. We picked up Kris and Chrissy to join us for dinner at Magianno's. We had a great time, laughing and catching up with each other.
She had a great picture taken with her first grade students giving her presents, but because of their privacy, I chose not to post it. I did post the chocolate cake they gave her--yum!!! Dr. Suess' birthday was also March 2nd, so Elise and a teacher friend, Kim, have their classes celebrate by dressing up as the 'Cat in the Hat'...aren't they cute?
Elise, our family is so proud of you and we love you deeply. I thank God for you everyday, especially knowing how we almost lost you as an infant. I believe because of all you've been through you have a soft heart toward children and love them dearly. I am looking forward to seeing your life continue to touch so many others. Thank you for being such a blessing to our family.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great birthday Elise! I can't wait to be home to be able to celebrate with you! :) You look too cute as Cat in the Hat...I love it!