Today Mom's class went to the Morehead Planetarium in Chapel Hill. I got the chance to tag along since I am tracked out! Her students have been learning about the solar system so today we went to a program titled "The Earth, Moon, and Sun". It was so much fun to watch the different things on the ceiling and to listen to her students as they watched it. (Meg and Paul, this was definitely more exciting than the one we went to at Santa Fe... I stayed awake this time!) This field trip was definitely VERY different in many ways than my first grade field trips! You never know what to expect with her class and you have little control because you never know what the students will do. But I most certainly had a great time with her sweet students!

Some of her students after the program.

The red head boy LOVES robots so he was admiring the "star shooter".

Most of her students in front of the "star shooter".

Mom and I on the bus ride back to school.
1 comment:
I love this post--we had such a fun time. The uncertainty of the students' behavior is what makes my job so much fun...and never boring!
Thanks for coming w/ us Elise. My students keep asking when you're coming back.
Post a Comment