Saturday, March 20, 2010

Birthday Surprise Lunch

Kim and Laurie are my two best friends from work! They are the two people I can go to with anything: get advice about parents and students, get hugs from, cry with, talk to bees in the ceiling, skip down the hallway, show my Yummy Tummy to, and just pure laughter about nothing or about everything! I do not know what I would do without these two. Laurie called me and woke me up at 7:45 am when I was not at school. Kim could tell I was having a bad day just from hearing my voice 5 doors down the hallway. I love these two from the frogs and the fish in the pond to the stars in the sky!

We get together to celebrate each others birthdays. Laurie's birthday was in February and mine in March. Kim decided to take matter into her own hands... she told Laurie and I to be at her house at 1pm last Saturday and to ask NO questions!! Well that was not an easy task for the two of us and we definitely gave Kim a hard time. (Sorry Kim!) Well, we showed up right at 1 (with flowers and chocolate, of course)! Kim had a wonderful meal all set up: homemade salsa and chips for an appetizer, spinach manicotti, Texas toast, salad for lunch, and the BEST pie ever!! Then we opened our present... a pedicure gift certificate and we had less than 5 minutes to get there!! All 3 of us got pedicures together and had a blast! It was so nice to get away from the stress of school and life and to just catch up with each other! As we said many times that day, we must do this again!

Laurie and Kim with the spread of food YUM!

Best chocolate pie ever!

Kim and Laurie getting their toes done

The 3 of us drying our beautifully painted toes

Our Finished Beauties

No comments: