Monday, September 28, 2009

Amazing Race- Season 15

It's baaaaaaack!! Every time Amazing Race starts again, it creeps up on me and somehow I do not find out until the 11th hour. I meant to put a post out before last night but that never happened! I hope you all found out that it was starting.

I must say that I did not like how they sent a couple home before the race really even began. I just felt like they did not give all couples a chance to travel before sending them home. Dave and Kate, we found it so cool that the race started in Tokyo- a place you know so well! And then they flew off to a Vietnam... a place you have visited! Such world travelers! I loved how the first pit stop was right outside my favorite place in Tokyo... I loved that square and the busyness of it all!

This season seems to have a different mix of people this year but I can't really pinpoint how. I love the Globetrotter players... made me laugh how they went to these countries with really short people! I also love the only married couple left... the one with the former Miss America! Goodbye on-again off-again couple! I hope for their sakes they are able to stay together! The couple I am ready to see gooooooo is the engaged couple: hot-head lawyer drives me INSANE!!!!! I love watching the man with Asbergers (sp?)but am always afraid he is getting ready to go off. Having an autistic student in my class this year, gives me some insight to this disorder. I was also so impressed with the pink-haired son's ability to get the ducks in the pen!

Who are your favorites? Who is getting on your nerves already? I would love to hear all of your thoughts and comments. Since we are all now in the same time zone, I will no longer wait until I am sure all of us have seen it! Therefore if you taped it and have not watched it, careful before you read the blog each week!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

I can't believe you had time to do a post! I agree with most all your comments. I didn't like the couple that got eliminated first but I felt bad that they never got anywhere. And the lawyer is really obnoxious - I'm embarassed that they're the New England representatives. I haven't figured out a favorite yet - I like the Globetrotters and I always root for the older people! I loved that they went to Tokyo first and that they went to Shibuya!!

Chrissy Andrews said...

What about the couple with the adorable older woman and bald man who met on the internet... she was so cute & excited and I hope to have that much enthusiasm at her age! I really liked her. The show gave way too much attention to the lying poker players and I hope they leave soon for using a non-profit facade. Miss America was hilarious, sounded very southern- I liked her. I also like the Asberger's male, I am very proud of him- I loved when he gave that man his jacket on the bus. I feel like somewhat more famous people are getting on so I hope it stays with ordinary people- that's the best part about it! I know Kate and Dave you must have been dying to be on that episode last night. I can't believe you've walked those same streets so many times! Love to all, Chrissy

Charlie and Barbara said...

Thank you for miss spelling the word asperger it gave me a chance to look it up and learn

Elise said...

For some reason, the older woman was driving me crazy! The man... I did not mind him as much. I will have to watch more closely next week and I will try to turn her obnoxious-ness (yes, I cannot spell even though I am a teacher) into enthusiasm. I def. noticed the more celebrity thing! And I feel others are using their circumstances to their advantage! Only time will tell, I guess.