Friday, February 5, 2010

More Snow Pictures!


This is the snow that never melts (or so that is how it feels!). Now do not get me wrong, I LOVE SNOW! I love waking up and seeing it on the grass days after it fell from the sky! I love wearing my snow boots days after it snows because I want to walk safely on the snow! I love watching Zoe eat it! BUT when it takes FOREVER to melt from roads, parking lots, and sidewalks where children need to safely be, then I get irritated with snow that never melts! I learned that snow, ice, snow, ice (an AB pattern) takes forever to melt! We missed 3 days of school and I now have 3 Saturdays to go to school and Mom lost a day of Spring Break and a day tacked on to the end of the year. (Sidenote: Northerns, I know you are rolling your eyes reading this because you deal with this all winter long. We are so impressed and jealous of the amount of snow you get and your ability to handle quickly but we rarely see this much snow and we are not equipped to handle it in the south like you are in the north.)

I am very grateful for the time I got to spend with my family and enjoying the snow with them! Zoe and I had a great 4-night sleepover at my parents' house!
*I baked Nestle chocolate chip pie and poppyseed cake
*I made way too much snow cream but it was enjoyed by all people and dogs
*We threw ice/snow sheets at trees and other targets
*We walked the neighborhood on top of the snow with our dogs
*We watched Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and In Good Company, and a variety of food show specials and basketball
*We saw "When in Rome" (BEST movie ever! Not just the perfect chick flick but hilarious too!)
*Dad learned how to download Mom's new i-pod Nano, Mom got to listen to her favorite songs (and tune out her family members), and we learned that i-pod Nano's cannot be turned off- just put to sleep
*Mom and I went to Green Hope (her school) during all three school days and got a lot of things done for my classroom (Thank you so very much mom for all of your help!)
*In the past 3 days, Mom and I went to 5 different places to eat, 2 different WalMarts, 2 different Targets, and 1 Babies R Us (where we ran into one of my favorite high school teachers who I have not seen since I graduated- she married one of my other favorite teachers and now they have a 4 month old redheaded baby girl!)

While I am bummed to have all these make-up days, I am very grateful for the break in the middle of this quarter! I loved all the family time I got to spend with those I love (and chat with those I could not see)!

Mom and her gigantic snowball

Dad and Chance waiting for the slow pokes to catch-up

Standing ON TOP of the snow without sinking down in it

Flamingo wondering why he is in snow and water (I thought I turned this picture around, sorry!)

Thirsty Zoe who realized there was no liquid in that water bowl

4 1/2 inches Saturday night after some melting

Fresh snow Saturday night!=

Why does Chance get all the leftover snow cream, Mommy? Because you already had your own bowl, Zoe!

Chance enjoying the snow cream!

My snow day hairdo for three days in a row

Finally! A great picture of Zoe in the snow!

Whose footprints are those in the WalMart parking lot?

Wait a minute! Seagulls in Apex? in the winter? Silly birds!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

You had a lot of time on your hands, didn't you!?!

Paul said...

Yo, False on the turn off thing with the nano it is possible, well I am pretty sure you can turn one off

Paul said...

Oh and by the way they are silly birds, also did Chance ever caught on that he should start barking when you bring bowls of snow?