Sunday, February 14, 2010

Randomness... in no particular order

1. Baby Showers Marathon Weekend
Last weekend was an absolute blast as we got to "shower" Kate with love and presents for baby Caleb! I am very grateful that I had the opportunity to go to both showers... meet her Fayetteville friends I hear so much about and catch up with many of her Charlotte friends. (I realized in Fayetteville my camera was not in my purse so Mom let me borrow her camera but it is with her in Athens this weekend so I hope to post pictures once I am able to borrow her camera again.) Caleb, continue to grow strong inside your Mommy's tummy but we cannot wait to meet you real soon!

2. Amazing Race
I meant to post this earlier but tomorrow night is the Season Premiere of Amazing Race 17 on CBS at 8:00pm. It seems like Season 16 just ended but we are all excited a new season is starting so soon! Who will be our favorites? Who will be the mean/nasty couple? Only time will tell!

3. Snow!
As Mom and Dad, Aunt Beth and Uncle Frank, Kris and Chrissy, and Paul and Meg, with the rest of the Gboro crew drove down to Athens, Georgia Friday afternoon it was snowing the more south they went! Then Friday night, it started snowing here!! We woke up to 3 inches of snow!! The pretty kind, the packing kind, the melts quickly kind, the non-icy kind. It was beautiful! As Mom and Dad are out of town for the Festival of Faith, I am at their house watching the eldery pets... along with a bi-polar one of my own! The dogs and I had a blast in the snow. We even made a snowwoman named Choe (Chance and Zoe put together)!




Delicious Snow Cream!!

4. Valentine's Day movie
Brooke (my best friend) and I had planned on seeing the movie "Valentine's Day" this weekend but with the snow we decided not to because we live about an hour plus away from each other and did not know how the roads were. Well at the last minute, we decided to go see the movie because the snow was melting quickly. The great cast made a great movie!! It was very sweet, hilarious, was not too confusing with all the different plots, and even had great lessons! There was one part that I did not see coming but was hilarious when I thought about what a hard time they must have had filming this part with a straight face!! (Not giving anything away, promise!)

5. Valentine's Day date
Unlike some people in my family, I really love Valentine's day! I love the bagful of cards and candy, countless hugs, the "I love yous", and just lots of fun! This Valentine's Day I spending it with these 3 guinea pig loving sweeties!

Scamper

Snuggles

Champ


Happy Valentine's Day! I love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your random thoughts Elise! It was so wonderful to have you, Priscilla, Chrissy, Meg, and Mom at both showers last weekend. I felt so special and really appreciate all your love and generosity. I've been busy unpacking all the gifts...the nursery is slowly coming together. :)

Dave and I watched the Amazing Race tonight. I was sad to see the high
school sweethearts go and I don't think I like the lesbian couple. They just seemed loud, pushy, and rude. And I was surprised the cowboys ended up in 3rd place...maybe they'll do better than I originally thought. :)

Paul said...

Elise Choe is the coolest snowman I ever seen. I love it!! Also Happy Valentine's day! Also I like the name Collen gave his guinea pig, Champ is great boy name.

Priscilla said...

Madison should have put her guinea pig in her trombone---that would've made a cute picture...:)
AND, anyone who reads this, you should go see the movie 'Valentine's Day'. It is funny and an all around good movie. Jim & I went to see it Monday eve.