Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Cream

Snow cream is something a friend at worker told me how to make during a snow day last year. I have always heard about it but to make it was lots of fun and oh so yummy! Mom said she used to make snow cream for us when we were little but I don't remember. Do you, Paul? Snow cream is big in the south which is surprising considering we rarely get enough snow to make snow cream. Is it a big thing in the north? All you do is take a bowl full of snow, pour on enough Half and Half (or Heavy Cream or milk- no less than 1%... whatever you have in your fridge) to make it creamy- like the consistency of homemade ice cream. Then add enough sugar to make it sweet to taste (the more, the better is the way I like it).

And TAH DAH... Snow Cream!


So what did you think of Amazing Race?? Who was your favorites? Who do you think will cause lots of problems? Who are you ready to see go already?
I had a hard time focusing because two girlies convinced me to let them watch the first part before going to bed! Let's just saying I tried to dodge the "What is gay?" bullet, "Why are you muting it? We can't hear their names?" (when I muted the lesbian interview because I was not ready to deal with that when I barely dodged the gay bullet), and my favorite... "Why are they calling her a b****? She is not a female dog?". And this was all in the beginning before the first commercial! So my guilty conscience made focusing very difficult once I put the girls to bed. The girls and I loved the cowboys! (Kate, I too was SHOCKED when they made 3rd place... how did that happen?) I really liked the grandmother and granddaughter, and the dad and daughter. I was sad to see the married couple go because I feel like they could have made it farther if it was not for the road block. Oh well, let's see what next week holds!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm so glad you explained snow cream. I'm not familiar with it. Maybe we'll get to try it tomorrow, we're supposed to have snow - not that it has worked out for us in the recent past.
My Race favorites so far are the black women lawyers. And who wouldn't love the cowboys! I just don't think that they can last. Buying Brazilian money for Chile because they're both South American!?! I also have to cheer for New Englanders, so I'll take the R.I. brothers over the cops. I did feel a certain affinity with the grandmother although I'm betting she is stronger than me!

Paul said...

no, I do not remember snow cream!

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.