Thursday, October 18, 2012

Light the Night Walk

Last Saturday night as we were walking through downtown Raleigh, every minute or so I would stop and scan our group to see Marissa walking with us.  She walked 2 miles with us!  It just amazed me and gave me goosebumps to see this sweet girl who is fighting Leukemia and Lymphoma out walking, dancing, singing, and giggling with her friends.  Before the walk, she asked me to go play games with her so we held hands and ran together to knock over troll dolls.  It was the highlight of my night!  Throughout the whole night, I could not help but think back to a year ago when she was at Duke hospital.  Which is why I kept saying "Marissa is with us"!  Marissa, I love you to the moon and back and cannot wait to light the night with you for years to come!

1 comment:

Kate Boyer said...

What an amazing thing to see Marissa with you! I'm so glad it was such a special night! Love you and miss you!