Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend in Botswana!

On Friday, I left Zambia to join the Mukenyas in Botswana.  Steve and Carol were putting on a marriage workshop for the church in Botswana so I watched the girls for the weekend.  Carol's brother Mugash lives there so we got to hang out with him a lot.  He is so sweet and giving as he took the girls and I around town while Steve and Carol were at the workshop.  We had fun swimming, shopping, and trying new food concoctions in the kitchen.  We also celebrated Chelsea's 13th birthday on Saturday!  We stayed at a GORGEOUS chateau with a full size kitchen and lots of room for all of us!  While I had a blast with the girls and Mugash, I was not a fan of Botswana.  Botswana is a the leading producer of diamonds so the country is quite weathly and they act that way!  Not very kind, quite stuck up, and set in their ways.  They are proud of their language and refuse to speak English to you.  But it is a gorgeous, clean, and safe country.  I am grateful that I got to go to spend time with the Mukenyas, the girls especially!

My roomie listening to a book before bed on my ipad

When the Mukenyas got back Friday night, I helped them by ironing some clothes.  I had to document this event because I have not ironed in years!  

Stephie showing off the flowers outside our chateau

The Birthday Girl sun bathing

The outside of our chateau
  
Swimming fun for all





The birthday girl in her birthday purple outfit
  Lunch while out shopping... Here I am with my cream soda!  I thought it was so cool that it was green!

The Birthday girl with her birthday lunch
 

Stephie and her milkshake

Stephie and Uncle Mugash with Chelsea's birthday balloon

This is a mountain surrounding Botswana.  Many chimps live up there and sometimes they will come down to the bottom of the mountain but we never saw any.

Stephie and Mugash playing with his phone

Carol and her little brother

When I flew back to Zambia, I had to buy another visa because mine was a single entry visa so I found this appropriate while waiting for my bags.

No comments: