Friday, November 21, 2008

The Decision

Hi guys! Ok, so Dave and I are in Japan until next summer. Our original plan was to get out of the military after this tour, however lately we've been playing with the thought of staying in. Dave recently discussed all this with his commander and as of Wednesday said that we've got a spot at Pope AFB in NC if we want it. YEAH! It will be a year tour and after that we'll get out and Dave with begin school. Dave wanted to make sure I tell you it's only 80% sure. There's a possibility Pope won't be available, they could send him on a year deployment after we get to NC, etc...etc...
However, I'm super excited. I can't wait to be back in NC. I think it will be good to have a stable income, insurance, and job for at least a year. I'm hoping it will make our transition back to the states a little easier. Sorry this is so long! Just wanted to keep you up to date. Love you all!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Kate and Dave,
I know it is still about 6 months off, we are looking forward having just down the road. I know it has been a hard decision

Priscilla said...

YEAH!!!! I am sooo excited. We'll be next door neighbors compared to what we are now. I'll be praying and marking my calendar. And Kate, your blog post was not long at all. You're one of the reason's the Radpack blog was created--for Dave & you to feel close to us and for all of us to feel tied in with each other. I feel a song comin' on..."We are family...". Anyway, I hope all else is going well with you both.
I love you, Priscilla