Mom & Dad were in a chillier place than they intended to be this Thanksgiving but we were fortunate to have them with us for the first time in a long time. We were able to spring Dad from the rehab center where he is staying to regain his strength to take him to dinner. We went to Marinelli's with some of Barb's family - her mother and her husband and her brother, Marty, and his family. Gretchen didn't participate much - she slept in her carrier under the table for the whole meal! Afterwards, we went back to Charlie & Barbara's for dessert.
Saw Dad today at the rehab center and he is looking much stronger. They've taken him off the oxygen and he has been up and walking with the occupational therapist. Ed Pratt was there when I stopped in and they were taking a stroll down memory lane. I would guess he might be out by the beginning of next week.



1 comment:
I love the pictures. I teared up when I saw the picture of Grandpa and Gretchen. What a sweet picture of the two of them. We sure missed not having Grandpa and Grandma with us in NC. I'm thankful he's doing better.
Kurt, you sure are a handsome boy in your pilgrim hat!
Post a Comment