Hi guys! Just thought we'd keep you up to date with what's going on. For those that don't know Dave was supposed to deploy mid-March for two months. Considering it's only the second time he's deployed here and it was for only half the time we thought it was a pretty good deal. However on Wednesday night of this week we found out that his deployment was pushed up and he has to leave this Monday for four months. As you are well aware, I am the most unspontaneous person there is, so having less than 5 days to deal with this and say goodbye to Dave has been rough. Please pray for us.
Here's the good news...Dave talked to his commander this week and the 80% chance of us going back to Fayetteville this fall has become 99% sure! Also, there's a possibility that we'll be moved up to the summer group and leave here in August instead of end of September.
I feel like my posts are depressing, but just want to keep you all up to date. :) Love you!
5 comments:
Kate and Dave, you will both be in my prayers! Your posts are not depressing... 99% chance! WOOHOO! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Love you both!
PS- Kate, is that a CARDIGAN you are wearing? It looks beautiful on you!
Yes, my bling Christmas cardigan from Chrissy. :)
Is that a Double-Double I see in Dave's Hand, I did not know there was IN-N-OUT BURGER in Japan. That is great news about coming back to NC. Sorry about Dave leaving so soon.
Your blog doesn't depress me but gives me hope and a BIG smile on my face. I'm hopeful in prayers that you & Dave will be our neighbors again sooner than later. And a BIG smile on my face to see the picture of you two enjoying American food (in California?).
AND Dave, PLEASE join and become a contributor to the blog and update us on your deployment adventure. It was so good to see you over the holidays. We miss you and Kate so much.
Kate, thank you so much for sharing your news-and the picture. You both will continue to be in our prayers as well as our thoughts. You both are dearly missed and loved!
well I guess I will pull up the rear for the Jim Radcliff family comments and say I wish you both well, Dave on his deployment and Kate on being left and suddenly also. So i will also keep you both in my pares. I will also rejoice in the fact that it is 99% and that there is also a chance that you guys get to come home early. Love and miss you both dearly, Paul
Post a Comment