Tuesday, January 20, 2009

UConn 88, UNC 58

What a great game it was at the Dean Smith Center last night! Mom, Dad (he came too), and I had great center seats as we were not too high up in the nosebleed section. The only problem was we were surrounded by UNC fans but for the most part they were very friendly and congratulated us on the win. They just wish UNC gave UConn a better fight and actually, we did too! Dad kept saying: "If this is how the #2 team plays, I wonder how the #3 and #4 teams play!" UConn was on fire last night and played great! They lost one of their starters (Caroline Doty) due to a torn ACL during the last game but still played great none the less! Lorin Dixon became a starter last night since Caroline was injured and she really stepped up to the plate. You would blink and she would be on the side of the court with the ball in the net! Renee Montgomery (Mom's favorite) scored the most points. It was a great game and we had a blast! The only thing we we drove some UNC fans away... oops! Dad and I were a little too loud and lets just say, I love calling the players by their names. Side story: There was a family in front of us and the mom was right in front of me. I could tell the whole game she was very irritated with me. Then with about 10-15 minutes left in the second half, they got up and left. Dad said to them as they were leaving, "What, were were too annoying?" and the lady responded with a mumbling "Yeah" Oops! What can I say, we are dedicated fans! Congratulations ladies on continuing to be number 1!! I cannot wait to see you play again in March! Now here are some (ok, a lot) pictures:

Mom borrowed this flag from another fan to take this picture.

Dad, Mom, and I

The Huskies warming up

Pre-Game Huddle

Lorin shooting a free throw

Coach Geno pacing up and down the court

Maya shoots... Maya scores!

Maya getting ready to shoot her second free throw shot

Tina Charles shoots and scores!

The Husky Girls playing their awesome game!


P.S.- It is SNOWING here!!! Like real snow!!! We already have more than 2 inches and it is still snowing!!!! I will post pictures later!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

What a great game...would've loved to have you both next to us, Jeanne and Grandma. It was fun meeting and talking w/ other Huskies fans. Last night was the first game the Lady Tarheels had lost at their home court in 31 games. My condolences go out to Frank and Chrissy.