Saturday, January 30, 2010

I love 1st Grade!

The reason I love this grade so much is because the small things are turned in big things! For our computer centers, I color-code the computers using colored stars. Well one day, I changed the color of the stars and when they walked in the next day, the first thing they noticed but different colored stars... you would have thought Miley Cyrus was visiting... they were so excited!!!

One week ago, we had our 100th day of School! Let me tell you, that was the best day they have had at school! It was nothing too special or over-exciting but they had a blast and just could not get enough of the number 100. We put together 100-piece puzzles, made trail mix with 10 pieces of 10 different types of food, made 100 sunglasses with 100 star stickers, counted by 5s and 10s to 100 using silly voices and much more. Who would think that 100 days of school would be such a big deal, but in first grade, it is a HUGE deal. And I would have it no other way! With the help of Mom and Patti, we made me a 100 shirt (from three different types of ribbon- sorry I forgot to take a picture) for me to wear that day. I wish I could show the pictures of the students have a great time but just imagine lots of smiles and lots of fun!

Josue's 100 sunglasses

Our 100 snack (They got to eat the number 100!!)

This week we went through a lot of changes and I can only say so much. We went from a close-knit lovey class of 29 to a smaller but still very lovey class of 24. This was not by choice but we are learning to embrace change and smile through tears! I love all of my 29 first graders and no matter what, they will always be my students! :)

No comments: