Today was my fifth first day of 1st grade and it never gets old! I love seeing the students walking in with backpacks that are bigger than them and weigh more than them! (One little girl's backpack was so heavy this afternoon, I had to help her put it on and was afraid she may fall over.) I love how they sit for hours (NO, it is not that long but sure feels like it to my 5 and 6 year olds) listening to me go over and over rules and procedures until their eyes cross but are then able to remember exactly what I said. I love watching them serve themselves in the cafeteria with excitement and then typing in their 7-digit lunch number. I love watching their eyes get wide with excitement when I tell them they get to put their own chair up in the afternoon and then I love watching them as they put it up all on their own with their big muscles! I love their excitement when they get 2 stickers to put in their sticker book. I love watching how quickly they clean up just to get table tokens! But nothing melts my heart like big smiles (over the smallest things) and a big hug at the end of the day!
Before you judge my crookedness, let me share the wise words of Mrs. Boyer with you: "Clouds are not straight in the sky!" (PS Kate- She never noticed the words/clouds were crooked... well, not yet!)
2 comments:
The bulletin board looks great! I wouldn't even notice that the cloud is crooked. I'm so glad your assistant hasn't said anything. You are a fabulous teacher and I hope you have a great rest of the week. Love you!
You need to read this blog to yourself when you have those days you wonder if your students heard anything you told them. When I read it, it made me want to meet your fabulous class.
Post a Comment