Saturday, April 2, 2011

Follow the Goldfish Trail...

(What does it mean when I do many posts all at once? I am getting ready to track in where I have less time to travel and less time to blog about it.)

On Monday, I went to visit Kate and Caleb in Fayetteville. If you want to know where we went, all you have to do is follow the trail of goldfish crackers. Caleb made sure he made his mark and were never forgotten! ;) We had what most would consider a "normal" or "simple" day but we had a blast! We started it out by "making" chocolate chip cookies and catching up while Caleb napped. Then once we woke up, we headed to Harris Teeter where we took advantage of a "Double Coupon" week. I had so much fun finding the items we had coupons for and then figuring out how much they cost! There was lots of laughter, hiding fallen goldfish, and watching candles break (we didn't do that one). Then we headed to downtown Fayetteville for a yummy lunch at a tea room. Best tea and creamy tomato soup ever! Then we went to get an adorable girly outfit for Addison Bretzinger at a cutesy store. We did a bit more shopping and tried to get cupcakes (who closes a cupcake store on Monday?). After that is when the laughter got out of control and almost resulted in two accidents!! Prayerfully, we made it home dry! We unpacked groceries and fed a hungry boy. We we were teaching him how to dip his bread into his soup. He did great but he preferred to take the soup out of the bowl! Who can blame it; it sure looked like more fun and he was a happy boy doing so! After a tomato mess, sweet Caleb took a bath. Kate turned him into a stegosaurus... too cute for words! Then we practiced putting shapes in the box and he did it!!!!! After a wiggly photo shoot and working on standing, it was time for me to head home. I had a great trip! Thanks for the perfect day, Kate and Caleb! I would happily do "normal" things with you any day! I love you!











No comments: