Monday, April 18, 2011

Mom Update

Some of you have been asking about mom, and while I realize many of you don't even read this blog often (many thanks to Meg, Grandma, and Aunt Jeanne for checking regularly), here is an update! She has texted us a couple of times, called Dad Friday night, and Dad and I got to talk to her on the phone last night. She has been very busy hanging out with all of her friends (breakfast, lunch, and dinner dates) and she went up country to visit with Carol Mukenya's family. They let her drive in the country and even the zebras and giraffes ran. She did go in a gas station store to buy water and two chocolate fruit and nut candy bars by herself but it went smoothly!

Here is part of the email she sent us:
"I've been busier than I ever imagined, but have enjoyed every minute. My favorite day was Friday...going to Meru and meeting Carol's dad, mom and grandmother. Her dad asked me about God, so he and I had a short Bible study. He'll hopefully be baptized in the next 2 weeks. It reminded me of the time Noey and I studied w/ Malinda's dad, Luther."

She is having the time of her life and is prayerfully being safe. Please continue to pray for her and her safe return. She leaves Kenya Wednesday night and gets home Thursday around 2.

We love you very much, Mommy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! So glad she's having a wonderful time! We'll pray for a safe return for her.