This year, I was unable to go to the Big East Championship games due to still being tracked in! But Aunt Jeanne invited me to come to the beginning of the NCAA tournaments (beginning of the 64.... leads to the Final Four... Makes sense? I love UConn bball but I am still no good with the correct terms of the tournaments)! I have never gotten to go before and was so excited to watch the UConn women play on UConn's campus in Gampel pavilion! I LOVED Gampel... it had the homey feeling, seats were great, and I loved all the pictures of the past players! And... we had awesome seats (behind the basket six rows up)! On Sunday, we watched UConn play againist Hartford (coached by a former UConn player). On Tuesday, UConn played againist Purdue. UConn won by quite a lot for both games! As the tournament has gone on, the games have not been so easy; one word... Georgetown! Now we are praying we can beat Stanford!! That will be a close game for sure but prayerfully UConn will come out on top!! Yes, I love UConn bball but I also love spending time wtih Aunt Jeanne and the rest of our Connecticut family! On Sunday, we headed over the Uncle Charlie and Aunt Barbara's house for pizza and eggplant fries (so so yummy!). Unfortuantly, I did not get any pictures but had a blast with Charlie, Barbara, Kurt, and Gretchen (and I hope Gretchen started to feel better quickly). I was there from Sunday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon and it snowed TWICE!!!! I went almost a month later than normal and it was still very cold!! So on Monday, we took it easy... went shopping in West Hartford (LOVED the Asian market in Hartford) and a relaxing night at home. On Tuesday, we went to IKEA!! Oh, how I love that place!! I had a great visit, Aunt Jeanne! Thanks for making me a huge UConn fan! I love these times we spend together and I love our special bond through UConn bball! On another note, my favorite UConn player (Lorin Dixon) graduates this year so this was my last time watching her play!! I will also thoroughly miss watching Maya Moore play! She is very talented and I will miss her! (I love her too but I see Lorin more as an "underdog" so I love her even more!)
Stefanie Dolson (freshman center and really good)

Kelly Faris (She has really stepped it up this year and is an amazing player!)

Maya, whatcha doing? Picking Tiffany off the floor? No way! (Tiffany is known for falling on the floor multiple times throughout a game)

Team huddle!

UConn Dairy bar.. they make their ice cream on campus! Yummy!

Me and the late March snow

Simba watching the snow

Simba... sleeping?!

Kelly, Maya, Bria

Mingo (forgot her first name but she is a Purdue player who got very sick in November and almost died. She has lost hearing in one of her ears and only hears 60% in her other ear. She is beautiful and a really good player!

Lorin Dixon

Tiffany Hayes

Maya Moore

My bbal buddies (Patti, me, Dayl, Jeanne)

Final score of Purdue/UConn game

Mark Twain's House made out of Legos... how cool! (on display at the Hartford airport)
No comments:
Post a Comment