Grandpa- we love you so much and are praying for a quick recovery, for you to DRINK lots, and for your patience! Continuing fighting and remember... it is okay to ask for someone to help you walk somewhere- in my book, it is a must! WE LOVE YOU!
We are on our second week in Kenya and having a great time! We are becoming family with the 18 others that came with us from Triangle. I am being timed on the computer so I am going to highlight what we have done since I posted last:
*Got to see the new church building! Big and beautiful! We will worship there next Sunday for the first service there. It is not done yet but has made great progress!
*Went to the giraffe park. Always fun to see people kiss giraffes for the first time!
*Went to Kingelta (sp?) glass place. Very cool. They recycle glass and blow glass. They make a variety of things from it... windows, toilets, pitchers, jewelry, etc.
*I (Elise) got to spend the night at the Mukenya's house on Saturday night! I had a blast watching soccer with them (Chelsea is definitely the biggest fan), playing and praying with the girls, eating the yummiest food, and spending time with Carol. Oh how I love that family!!
*On Sunday, I got to spend the morning in Kingdom Kids (child classes) for the first time and had a wonderful time seeing what they do and spending time with all of the kids. Dad did communion at church on the Central/Metro side and Mom taught a parenting/marriage class to the women.
*Then we had lunch at the Irugus. Great to see their house and the girls! We also played some fun games. Kate, remind me to tell you about them... great to use in the classroom and maybe even at Labor day!
*Early Monday morning we left for Safari. We are staying in Sarova tents so that is a fun next experience. We have seen many animals. Today we went on an all day safari from 7:30-4:30. Very long but got to see a variety of animals. The run of the wildebeest started early this year. We got to see millions of them migrating and they make the coolest sounds (thought of you Frank). I recorded it so I will hopefully put it on the blog when we get back. So far we have seen: buffalo, elephant, rhino, lion and lioness, (4 of the big 5), cheetah, hippo, crocodile, wildebeest, giraffe, zebra, hyeanas, warthogs (thought of you Beth), gazelles, and others that I cannot remember at this moment.
Tomorrow we leave the safari, meet up with Julius, and then head on to Kissumu. We cannot wait to see Reach Out! Love you all and hope to update soon but if not, I will when we get back!
No comments:
Post a Comment