Dad, Mom, and I made it safely home from Kenya yesterday afternoon around 3pm. Well, besides our scary landing (going down was very bumpy and I was very "air" sick but once we hit the ground... it seemed as if the pilot lost control and we were 'fishtailing'/spinning!) everything went smoothly! It was great catching up with Paul and sharing our stories of fun and our adventures.
We traveled with a great group of people (21 disciples from church) and formed great relationships. Two families (Bailey's and Broyles) were knew very well but the rest of the people we from church but not extremely well. While it was fresh on my mind I thought I would make a list of things I will miss and things I will not miss from our group and time together.
I will miss:
*the encouraging morning devotionals
*Dale's big hugs
*Linda's purple, pink, and green backpack
*Ron's hats
*Dale and the girls singing in the back of the bus
*Terri freaking out when I hit her bottom
*My Roomie! (Mariah)
*Keith's awesome pictures
*My bus buddy (Charlene)
I will not miss:
*Kevin's shhing to get our attention
*"Get on the bus, get on the bus, we need to go, get on the bus, Let's go"
*People freaking out about eating something that maybe was touched by the water
*Thinking the safari animals will actually come in the van
*Mom's cankles and fat feet (I know she will not miss those either)
*Terri making your get together with different people so she can take endless pictures
More than anything, I will miss the endless moments we spent together and will always cherish those memories!
Kenya is always a place that is very hard for me to leave and that is because of the amazing people there: the disciples, everyone from Reach-Out, the hotel staff, the bus drivers, the list is endless! Thank you for your giving and encouraging heart! We LOVE you, Kenya!
PS- We finally get to meet Kai today and cannot wait to see him and his beautiful mommy!
2 comments:
So great to have you back in NC, I'm miss that we couldn't be with you this year. (I don't miss trying to herd the cats and glad someone else had that responsibility this year!) Can't wait to hear the stories.
Love, Frank
I miss many of those same things--the things you don't miss, bring a smile to my face...even laughter. I treasure many, many things. One memory I think of now is how Julius took care of us when his van broke down near the tea plantations and all that went along with that adventure...
Post a Comment