Thursday, June 17, 2010

Karibu!

Hello Family! We arrived in Kenya early Tuesday morning. Flights were uneventful... just long. When we arrived at the baggage claim area in Nairobi there was a sign posted saying "Bags Missing- Radcliff x5"! Surprise, Surprise! Of course, all the other 18 travellers got ALL of their luggage... you know those Radcliffs! However, they showed up at the hotel yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon! Woohoo! We are having a great time! Yesterday we (Mom, Dad, and I) went to Dandora to walk in Beth's footsteps. We loved seeing all that she got to see for the month she was there. She is definitely a celebrity among the women there! Last night we went to Metro midweek and tonight we are going to East midweek. It has been great catching up with everyone... Carol, Steve, and the girls, Monica and Jimmy, Malinda and Tewolde, George and Ann, Lucy, all the Marys and husbands, Charlene (she has been traveling with us most of the time), Julius (he stopped by to say hello last night and will hopefully be coming with his family on Sunday evening), and many more! Today we went to 4 schools in the Nakuru slums. It was so much fun playing with the kids and seeing the classrooms! I was in heaven and could have stayed there for longer! We wish you were here with us! The Radcliffs are getting quite a reputation in our group! It would be easier if there were more Radcliffs here to help us out! Hehehe! ;)
We love you all so much!

PS- We are on the hotel computer so I cannot post pictures and I don't know when I will be able to post again but know we love you all!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Thanks so much for your posts. It's so nice to stay in touch with our friends in Kenya through you. Please send my love and best wishes. I'm so envious that you're going to meet Julius's family. Julius has been such a good friend.
I can't believe you had bag issues! Glad you got them fairly promptly. Have fun!

Frank and Beth Radcliff said...

Thanks so much for the post - I love that you are there! Give everyone double hugs from the Radcliffs who stayed behind this year. We pray each day for your safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post Elise! So glad you made it safely and finally have your bags! Please give Charlene and Carol my love...have a fabulous rest of your trip and can't wait to see pictures when you get back. Love you!