Thursday, December 16, 2010

Braubach and Koblenz, Germany

So, I am sitting here in the lounge and it is about 6:00. I just finished my second drink of the day (Hot chocolate with a shot and then Gluwine) and I am feeling a little.... well, out of it. So I cannot guarentee how this post is going to turn out or if it will even make sense.

Today was the one day we got to sleep in because we sailed in the morning and passed 17 castles... it was a gorgeous sight! Then we docked in Braubach and headed up to Marksburg castle.

This was in the castle gift shop... Magic Tree House in German!

This was a long walk up to the castle (the bus could only go halfway up) and walking through the castle was a workout as well. It was a very cool castle as we got to see a lot of the inside rooms... kitchen, armor room, bedroom, toruture chamber, dining room, yarn room, etc.

While we were touring the castle, our ship moved to the next town, Koblenz. After the castle tour, our bus took us to the boat. After lunch on the boat, we headed into the town of Koblenz to shop at Christmas markets and inside stores.

Gretchen has her own restaurant... too fun!

While we were walking around, it started to snow and it was beautiful. It made we feel connected to all of you at home who had snow today too.

WOW! Aren't these Kitchenmaid mixers just GORGEOUS!! I think the green or pink one would look just gorgeous in my kitchen! (These made me think of our family members who are in love with their mixer.)

We had a blast shopping and ran into our friends Bill and Susan on our way back. Bill finally got his sausage that he was been wanting since we got here!

As we almost got to the boat, we saw the statue that is on the corner from our ship. It was so neat to see it covered in snow.

Now we are back on the boat, chatting and warming up!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

I love seeing it snow...we woke up to the snow already on the ground...rain washed it all away already though...hope we have school tomorrow. I LOVE the picture of the castle on the hill!