Today was our last full day on the boat and it was a great way to end a fabulous trip! We got to sleep in this morning as it was a traveling morning. We had breakfast, went to a Gouda cheese tasting, and then shortly after lunch we landed in Kinderdijk, Netherlands.
After hearing the history and other information about windmills, we took a walk and passed by many working windmills.
Then we got to go inside a windmill and see how a family used to live inside the windmill. We saw their kitchen, bedrooms, and living room. There were many narrow staircases but it seemed roomy considering it was inside a windmill.
Tomorrow, we disembark the ship at 9:30am to head to our hotel. Aunt Jeanne and I will be spending the day in Amsterdam tomorrow (Sunday) and then flying out early Monday morning to head back home! So this will be the last post (I doubt there is free wi-fi at our hotel) and if I have time before we leave for Detroit, I will post about our day in Amsterdam! Thanks mom and dad for reading all of these! I cannot wait to see you (and Paul, Zoe, Chance, and Mozart) on Monday! I love you!
4 comments:
WOW!!! People live in the windmills? They don't look that big...I was thinking there'd be a house near the windmill for the caretakers...like a light house...I've enjoyed all of your pictures! And Jeanne & you will be home in 36 hours...YEA!!!
Paul asked me to remind you to go to a coffee shop in Amsterdam... :)
I'm watching too. Looks like you had a great trip. I see Jeanne has her camera around her neck so I'm sure there will be lots of pictures. I wish you safe travels.
Thanks for keeping us posted on your trip, Elise! I feel like I've been there with you. I love the animals they leave on the bed for you! :) I am glad you have survived the coldest winter in 300 years there! Have a safe trip home...
Such wonderful pictures, Elise! Thanks so much for "taking us with you" on your journey! Have you ever considered writing travelogs? You'd be great at it! Safe travels home today!
Post a Comment