Top: Paul, Elise, Andrew, Aunt Judy, Uncle Roger, Heather, Josh, Mom, Dad, Brian
Bottom: Brennan, Natalie, Mason, Angie, Simon
This year the Jim Radcliffs spent Christmas with the Killoms in Detroit, Michigan! We had an absolute blast and made many memories! I enjoyed the time we spent with mom's brother in their hometown. Blogger and I are having issues with each other so instead of posting billions of pictures, I made a list (in no particular order) of my favorite memories from this Christmas together!
1. Making Christmas Sugar Cookies
*On Christmas Eve, Aunt Judy, Natalie, Mom, and I made sugar cookies. Natalie worked as partners: I rolled the dough, she picked our the cookie cutter and cut the cookie. I then picked it up and put it on the cookie sheet. Aunt Judy decorated the cookies with sprinkles and put them in the oven. When Natalie and I got tired, Mom took over. They tasted yummy and lasted for a while!
2. Shopping with the Men Christmas Eve
*On Christmas Eve, Brian decided to go to the mall to see if he could find one last present. I hopped on board because ever since going shopping with Dad one Christmas Eve, I have loved seeing all the men there getting presents! Dad came along too (he drove) and Uncle Roger showed us how to get around Detroit.
3. Preparing for Santa
After Christmas Eve dinner at this yummy Italian restaurant (fabulous food but bad service because they were under-staffed), we came home and Aunt Judy passed out our Christmas pajamas. Everyone tried them on and the womens' fit great but the mens'.... not so much! Paul's were by far the funniest and when I think of Christmas pajamas I will ALWAYS remember his. After Natalie got her pajamas on, we got to work getting ready for Santa. Paul, Andrew, Natalie, and I spread reindeer food on the back and front yard. Then Natalie and I got Santa's plate ready for him... milk, sugar cookies, and a carrot for the reindeer. Natalie wrote a sweet note to Santa and then we were set to go! Before heading to bed, Natalie and Andrew opened one present. It was a great night spent with our cousins!
4. Christmas Day spent in our Pajamas
Every Black Friday, Aunt Judy buys EVERY family member Christmas pajamas. No too pair is ever the same and the boys' get funnier each year. This is by far my favorite tradition of Killom Christmases! We spent the entire day (well most of us) in our pajamas! We opened presents, watched endless movies, ate, and spent great time together laughing! Angie's dad (Jeff), and Aunt Judy's sisters (Amy and Sarah) stopped by too so it was great to see them!
5. "Digging Up" Grandma and Grandpa
My favorite part of this trip was when we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa at the cemetery. Before we got there, Uncle Roger realized he forgot a shovel. Looking at him like he was crazy, I asked him why in the world would we need a shovel at the cemetery (oh the jokes made on that one). He told me that their headstones would be covered with snow so we would need to dig up the snow to "find" them. After church, we arrive and go to the area where Uncle Roger thinks Grandma and Grandpa are. The boys begin uncovering headstones while Mom goes to ask the office for a broom. After Uncle Roger breaks the broom and we continue to be unsuccessful at finding Grandma and Grandpa, mom goes to get a map and some help from the office. Meanwhile we are calling... "Milton! Geneva! Milton, this is not funny anymore! Raise your hand and show us where you are!" After calling the office with the name of one of the headstones nearby, we FINALLLY find our grandparents! We say hello and share somethings that have been going on but then we hurry back to the car because we could not longer feel our limbs. While this may sound a little nutty or morbid to some of you, this was an absolute funny and even healing moment! We love and miss you Grandma and Grandpa! Thanks for a hilarious and chilly afternoon!
6. Fish and Chips
Everytime Mom goes to Detroit, she has to have Fish and Chips (for some reason, they just taste better there!). Sunday night the whole family ate at Scotty Simpson's and it was DELICIOUS! Great night of fabulous food and fun company!
1 comment:
I'm so glad to see your Detroit pics! Natalie is such a cutie patutie! I love Paul's Santa pj's :) Looks like you guys had a fun and crazy time and I am glad you got to visit your grandparents there too!
Post a Comment