Well our morning started out with us packing up and leaving the boat (and Bamburg) for the final time! Since we flew out of Frankfurt the next day, they had to put us up in a hotel from the last night in Frankfurt (because the water levels were still too high to sail safely under bridges). We packed up, boarded the coach, and started our journey of three cities in one day!
Packing the luggage truck to take to our hotel in Frankfurt
On this final morning it finally snowed! I was so excited! It was just a dusting but it was beautiful walking in to our coach!
Anita and Aunt Jeanne in the snow
Wertheim
There was no tour through Wertheim so we just walked around and shopped. It was such a cute little tour right on the water!
Richard (my LSU bff) and I
This town is known for their glassblowing
Our DC friends: John, Richard, Shelley, Mike, and Carolyn
Miltenberg
This town was also right on the water so we walked along the Main Danube river into town. Here are two sweet Swans. (It was VERY obvious why we weren't sailing it was apparent that they water levels were super hight as you can even see in this picture- the water is up to the grass. In Bamburg, the park benches were submerged in water)
And it started to rain! Here is our group going to meet our tour guides.
Anita and I
We took a walking tour... there is one main street you can walk up and down. The homes are beautiful. I really loved this quaint little town!
What good is a crepe stand if it's not open?
Before we headed to the coach we went to the super small Christmas Market and I had my final Nutella crepe!!!
Shelley had one with Smarties candy in it... it looks delicious!
One final view before heading to Frankfurt
After more driving (and sitting in 5:00 traffic on a Friday afternoon), we made it to Frankfurt! We got settled in our hotel room, repacked, and then headed to dinner with our ship group one more time! After dinner (definitely more organized on the ship), we said our final goodbyes and headed to bed. We flew out for home the next morning.
This trip was by far an adventure and much different than we expected but we had a wonderful time and made lots of friends! Great memories were made for sure! I truly appreciate my travel buddy, Aunt Jeanne! We had a blast for sure! I love you, Aunt Jeanne!
No comments:
Post a Comment