Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ducks, Frogs, and Pigeons... OH MY!

We are on our second day in Boston! Mom and I decided to come back to the hotel for a rest after our food tour of the North End this afternoon and I thought it would be a perfect time to blog about our day yesterday in Boston. Mom's back has been trying to go out on her (please PRAY she will be free of pain, less tense, and will balance out soon) so she was only able to be with us for a bit yesterday.

Yesterday's adventures consisted of:
*The Prudential Skywalk
-This is the 50th floor of the Prudential building where we were able to see a 360 degree view of Boston. We had an audio tour so we were able to learn a lot of information about Boston.

*Walking through Newbury Street (the shopping district of Boston)




*Boston Public Gardens
-Boat ride of the Swan paddle boats




-Seeing the "Make Way for Ducklings" statue

-Walking through the EMPTY frog pond (closed as it is switching from a reflection pond to a wading pool)

-Seeing many cool fountains (ask Paul about his favorite fountain) and beautiful flowers (thought about you, Aunt Beth and Kate)

*School Street
-Saw a mosiac which was located where the first US Public school was

*Walked around Long Wharf
*Ate dinner at the Barking Crab which was right on the water

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jim Radcliff's!

I am loving the posts and pictures from your adventures! Elise, the carousel looked so much fun, I wish I could have been there beside you! The World Trade Center memorial looked powerful, I'm glad you got to see that.

And Aunt Priscilla, how is your back feeling??? I don't want a Savannah #2! I'm so sorry and I hope you are taking good care of yourself.

When do you all get home? I am missing EVERYONE around here. I am the only Frank Radcliff in the country and you guys are gone too :( Come back sooooon!

My Dad put up a few pictures of them in Kenya on Facebook already, so make sure to check those out on his profile.

Love you all!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I love looking at all your pics too. It looks like you're having a fabulous time. Yes, Elise I totally love the flowers. We have them in Japan too. My students and I saw them at one of our field trips to the park. We called them "Dr. Seuss" flowers. Doesn't it look like a little Who village could be floating on one of those flowers?! Anyway, I'm glad you're having so much fun! When will you be back? Love you!
Kate