Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rainy Days in Maine

We (Mom, Dad, and I) are finally home! We got home last night around 9pm. Paul is on his way to Bar Harbor and Nova Soctia with Charlie, Barbara, Kurt, and Gretchen. I thought since I have a consistent internet hook-up, I would finish my posts on our vacation.

What do you when it rains and rains and rains in Maine? Well let me show you...

Cook a yummy dinner of what food we have left before leaving the cabin

Make tomato and mozzarella salad

Go Kayaking and swimming (when the rain stops for a BRIEF period of time)

This is a horrible picture of me... which is why I did not zoom in! (Let's just say it is hard to put short hair up, so I got creative!)

Play games- no ordinary games, of course!


Do Arts and Crafts (what else would you expect when you travel with a 1st grade teacher who starts the new school year soon?)






Take a nap or watch TV, when tired of doing crafts


Watch the duck family outside the window near the lake

Go to Whole Foods and take pictures with Chickenless Nuggets

We took a trip to Bar Harbor on Father's Day! It did not rain too bad on Sunday but we had a rainy shopping day on Monday in Bar Harbor and Freeport (and EVERY L.L. Bean Outlet along the way).
I don't have many pictures from Bar Harbor because my camera died early in the trip.

This is a sand bar we are walking on during low tide. As soon as the tide goes high again, it covers it back up. So every afternoon, you can go walking on the bar! Too cool! We saw many snails and I held a crab.

This is at an ice cream shop that is known for having odd ice cream flavors... such as Lobster Ice Cream.

Kate, I found your ice cream... Grape Nut Ice Cream! (Click on the picture to see it larger!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect! Do you think I could eat it for breakfast since it has grapenuts in it? :)

Priscilla said...

Just to clarify: the preschool puzzle I'm putting together on the dining table (YES, I'm in my nightgown) was a game we created: one person mixes up all the pieces then another person puts the puzzle back together while being timed...just another way to spend time together on a rainy day!!! I didn't win, but was with the people I love very much!